528 W. 11th St Anderson, IN 46016 | Phone/TDD (765) 641-2620 | Fax (765) 641-2629
The City of Anderson Housing Authority
The Anderson Housing Authority was established in 1975 in accordance with the US Housing Act of 1937 and Indiana State Laws.
The mission of AHA is to promote, without discrimination, affordable quality housing, economic opportunity, and a positive living environment for the residents we serve.
We are committed to providing housing opportunities of all types to low and moderate income families. We administer 136 units of traditional subsidized rental (Public Housing) units as well as 49 Affordable (Tax Credit) units throughout the community. We also administers approximately 1,227 HCV (Section 8 ) in Anderson, IN and surrounding communities of Madison County. The Anderson Housing Authority offers housing alternatives without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We invite you to consider the Anderson Housing Authority when making your housing choice.
- To increase and preserve the supply of affordable quality housing.
- To maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To widely communicate the services and achievements of the Housing Authority.
- To maintain balanced budgets including provision for appropriate reserves.
- To attract and retain the highest caliber employees dedicated to carrying out the Housing Authority mission.